Sunday, December 28, 2008

Book to Movie - Don't Worry, it has Absolutely Nothing to do with Physics



I should have made this clear with my last post, but ever since Hollywood has decided to re-make and re-boot every single movie it has ever already made, I'm taking a stand. If you can't come up with new ideas (and I understand, thinking is totally hard), then there is plenty of good source material at your local library. My suggestion today? "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" by Marisha Pessl. (http://www.calamityphysics.com/main.htm)

It's Juno meets Nancy Drew meets Running with Scissors (the book, not the dreadful movie) meets Gossip Girl then hangs out with a bookworm. Some of the "Special" qualities of the book will be lost in translation because a lot of what I loved about it were the references to other books - but nothing a good narrator can't fix. I see Kristen Stewart or Olivia Thirlby as the lead!


** Update: apparently the movie is in development with Scott Rudin producing and the directing team behind the awesome Half Nelson on board.

No comments: