Thursday, January 8, 2009

I was wrong.



So... I watched the full first episode of The Real World: Brooklyn last night, and I'm disappointed. While the cast may not get drunk and hump each other every episode, it is still the same collection of self-important attention whores it has been for the past 12ish seasons. The cast does seem smarter... sort of, but I spent most of the neverending hour wishing the story would stop.

Katelyn was really intelligent at the panel I attended. However, she was also a talkative know-it-all, and it shows on screen.

Scott seems like the most boring person in the world (with great abs).

Also, Baya and Devyn haven't really had much screen time. I'm bored.

J.D. takes himself waaay too seriously, and it's 100% clear that his ruptured home life has made personal belongings and appearance his own form of structure.

Chet is gay. Chet is mormon. So Chet can't be gay. But he is.

Sarah is, I guess intriguing. Still, I don't really care.

Ryan is hilarious and outspoken, but unfortunately the things that come out of his mouth when it comes to real issues reflect a larger issue that needs to be addressed in this country: the education system.

This is one of my more serious posts about a show that, up to this point, does not merit serious discussion except to point out the shortcomings of the cast's intelligence. I stand by my feeling that this season will be different, and that it will change the way that The Real World is perceived by audiences. But I guess it doesn't make me feel better about the general intelligence of the chosen eight...

No comments: