Sunday, January 11, 2009

Top 250 Grossing Films of the Year



Unlike the Top 25, I'm NOT going to comment on every single one, but I just thought the list was pretty interesting. I noticed a lot of the critically acclaimed movies, the ones up for awards this season didn't get so much cash. That's to be expected - no one watches Mad Men, and no one is paying $12 (that's the going rate for movies in NYC) for art house movies. Part of it is obviously the number of theaters these movies are released in, and I'm glad that people had the good sense to (for the most part) skip How to Lose Friends and Alienate People and Sex Drive. The first because ever since I started reading WWTD, I can't stand Kirsten Dunst and her silly snaggle-tooth, and the second because it was destined to be a bad movie - despite the presence of Clark Duke.

Either way, this was a long-winded way of giving you a link from Variety. word.

No comments: