Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Top Chef? No, Top Simile



Is it just me or is the new Top Chef judge, Toby Young simply rife with poor metaphors and similes? I just felt the need to express how deeply I miss Gail. PLEASE COME BACK, GAIL. I don't care if you miss the end of your honeymoon, I can't stand this British buffoon. Give me Simon Cowell or give me death, which is a phrase I never thought I'd say. I still love the show, don't get me wrong, but I find myself laughing (along with cast members and judge Tom Colicchio) AT this guy, rather than with him. His first week he madea crack about how classically trained British actors equate to good vegetables, and this week told us that meat makes him want to have sex. I don't need him to remind me that British people are awesome, and I certainly don't want to know about his habits in the bedroom (or it looks like in his case, the kitchen).

P.S. If you haven't already seen, my post about Judd Apatow is up on the Paley Center site here.

No comments: